Employees assigned to driving duties ("drivers") must at all times meet the following criteria:
· drivers must have a current, valid driver's license for the state in which the employee performs his or her driving duties (30-day grace period to obtain after hire); and
· drivers must maintain a clean driving record, i.e., must remain insurable under our company's liability insurance policy.
All drivers seeking employment with Thunder Ridge Transport, Inc. are subject to postal guidelines including, but not limited to, the following:
Main Disqualifying Factors:
Applicants WILL NOT be hired or allowed access to Postal Service facilities or the mail under the following circumstances:
1. If they are the subject of an outstanding warrant.
2. If they have been convicted of illegally using, possessing, selling, or transferring controlled substances within the past 5 years.
3. If they have been convicted of a felony criminal charge within the past 5 years.
4. If they have been convicted of offences involving dishonesty, moral turpitude, financial gain, or assault within the past 5 years.
5. If they are on parole, probation, under a suspended sentence, or pending charges for any criminal activity listed in items 2,3, or 4.
6. If there is an established pattern of criminal conduct that could undermine the efficiency of the Postal Service or the safety of its employees.
7. If they have been convicted of, under investigation for, or under indictment for stealing mail or other postal crimes.
NOTE: Other postal crimes may include a cease and desist order for a mail fraud activity, a temporary restraining order, or a final restraining order for mail fraud activity.
Applicants must also meet the guidelines of our insurance carrier. Drivers WILL NOT be eligible for hire under the following circumstancing:
1. If they have 1 or more Serious Violations within the last 5 years. These include, but are not limited to: DUI, refusing substance abuse testing, homicide or assault with a vehicle, leaving the scene of an accident, hit and run, eluding a police officer, any vehicle related felony, drag racing, reckless driving, speeding 25mph or greater over the speed limited, license suspension due to moving violation, etc.
2. If they have 2 or more Accidents (regardless of fault) within the past 3 years.
3. If they have a combination of 3 or more moving violations and accidents in the last 12 months. These include, but are limited to: all moving violations such as speeding, improper lane change, failure to yield, running a red light or stop sign, careless driving, etc.
4. If they have a combination of 1 Accident and 3 moving violations in the past 3 years.
5. Non-moving violations do not currently impact driver acceptability.